Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Part 2


Joe and his PawPaw (see the resemblance?)

The second half of our Christmas adventure was spent with my family. On Christmas Eve, Corey and I hosted my brother and two sisters and all their families-since mom and dad's kitchen is still a work in progress. It was so much fun! We let Libby open her present first-a little house that she loves! And then we ate and opened presents. Some of the highlights were a WVU hat for Joe and Libby's Yo Gabba Gabba guitar. But everything they got was wonderful-to put it in a post would be too long even for me. So if you got a gift for us-trust me we love it and will use it! Italic This is my sister Casey and her gift from me-which I made, I wish homemade gifts didn't take so much time and I would do them more often.

My mom and sisters stayed at the house to watch our sleepy kids so Corey and I could go to church. We were beat, but it was a really great service and we are both glad to have gone. Afterwards, our friends the Allens came over and we sat around the tree until much too late. It was really great to spend time with our friends-just talking and enjoying Liz's Christmas present-a puppy named Max.

Christmas Day took Corey to work and me and the kids to my parents house. It was a day that we all spent in our PJs, eating cookies and opening the rest of our gifts. I got some really great kitchen stuff and Joe got some MUCH needed clothes (all in 12 months or 12-18 months). Libby and Sami looked too cute in their matching PJs and they played with toys together. There was some fighting, but overall the day went off without too much trouble. Libby and Joe took a much needed break with PawPaw and the DVD player. And afterwards, PawPaw took his own break. It was all really great. And being together is always good. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: