Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Our low key holiday

We had a very low-key Thanksgiving this year. I definitely missed the hustle and bustle of having fun with lots of family, but I loved the fact that I survived a holiday without either child melting down. Libby's first Thanksgiving was great and AWFUL because it was her first big stimulation and we ended up in a dark room away from everyone, trying to get Libby to calm down. Joe's first Thanksgiving was spent at home with my parents and brother-in-law, Will. Corey had to work (yuck!) his parents were out of town, my sisters were in Charleston and my brother went to his in laws. I don't know that I have ever been to a Thanksgiving meal with 3 other adults, but it was nice and there were plenty of leftovers to enjoy.

Joe drooling... I just think it's hilarious that babies don't care about drool or spit-up.

To make up for not having Thanksgiving, Corey and I had two shopping trips planned. One to the Tanger outlets to Christmas shop and one to IKEA to birthday shop for Corey-belated! We had a great time and are thankful to both his parents and my mom for making the babysitting happen for those events!

Me and the kiddos-neither of which will smile for the camera!

Saturday was less low-key than Thursday for us. My mom watched my nieces while Kerri and Casey shopped the sales in Columbus so Claire and Sami spent the day with us. It was a lot of fun. We made cookies and played Sorry. We got into the Christmas spirit by watching Elf! By the way, Libby LOVES the Christmas tree. We told her she can touch anything she wants as long as she touches it with one finger. So she'll look over and say "One Ginger?"..."Like This?" It is so cute to see her ring all the snowmen bells with one finger. She has managed to get some of the ornaments off with only one finger. She especially likes Corey's Joe Montana ornament and a random skiing snowman. We have also started singing Happy Birthday to Jesus which is really cute!

Unfortunately, I have very few photos from this weekend because I had to hide the camera from Libby. She can now turn it on and take pictures.

This is one of Libby's lovely photos!

No comments: