Monday, October 20, 2008

Our Family is growing up.. and in Joe's case-just growing





Today is Joe's four month birthday- and we celebrated with a trip to the dock and vaccinations! His stats are as follows:
Weight: 17.5 pounds (90th percentile)
Height: 25.25 inches (60th percentile)

He is a good kid-he sleeps through the night, he eats every 3-4 hours and he smiles. Given that, he also cries in the evenings and sometimes just because. He spits up on EVERYTHING and we do at least 4 loads of kid laundry a week. He loves a bath and has peed on Libby 3 times while they were bathing together-I just laugh and Libby looks at me like I'm crazy.

Libby has really grown up in the last couple of month too. She is talking ALL the time and singing songs. She learned "Jesus loves me" at Sunday School and has gone around saying it. She is a coloring queen and loves to play pretend. She wipes her baby's face because she "spit up" like her brother does. Some other fun words she says are "kink" for pink, "pray" for gray. She is constantly asking "What are you doing" and "What's that" which I will definitely take over "Why" (which I think starts in around 3). She knows her alphabet and her colors and her numbers. She knows "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." But if the 2's are fun, they are equally hard. She makes me laugh and makes me mad. She throws fits and fake cries. She is refusing to eat foods that she formally loved. And her favorite phrase at dinner is "I don't want it." But God gives us good and bad... so I'm enjoying the good and dealing with the bad.

Libby and I read books alot and Joe has started joining in on the fun. Corey snapped some photos of our latest book fest (there is never just one). It's fun to see them interact a little bit.

2 comments:

Ben, Laura, Ted & Sophie said...

Cole! Just reading your blog that I found through a series of other blogs. I am so thankful for little Joe being 17.5 pounds. Sophie was 17 pounds at her 4 month check up at the beginning of the month and my doctor was giving me a bit of a hard time. I told him at least 2 pounds was hair! Glad to hear things are going well. Isn't it such a different world?!

Ben, Laura, Ted & Sophie said...

ps - except Sophie is only in the 30th percentile for height. so it makes her look even more chubby, shall we say! =)