Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Changing as always


With kids nothing stays the same for very long-sometimes in a good way and sometimes not. In our world, Joe is sleeping 12 hours at night (a VERY good change) and taking 3 naps a day. Libby can say just about anything but throws fits (not a good change). The most recent change in our house is trying to potty train Libby. This is HARD work. She knows when she poops and pees, but she is still not great at letting me know. And our first day (yesterday) she would sit on the potty for a bit and as soon as I put a diaper back on she would pee. I am easily discouraged, but I'm learning. Today she is sitting on the potty in front of the TV until she pees. We'll see how it goes. I know if she just pees once in the potty that then I'll be able to talk to her about it.

Last post I mentioned that now the doctors are talking about bracing. She went up to UPMC last week for a second opinion and this doctor said that we should try Dynasplints first. He wants her to stretch as much as possible before they do surgery (if it even comes to surgery). I was slightly disappointed. I don't want Libby to have to have surgery, but I want her to be able to walk. But if these will help her walk, we'll try them. He said try them for 4-6 months and then we'll reevaluate. We still are waiting to hear back from her original doctor-so things may change after that. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: