Friday, February 06, 2009

Partners in Crime

Libby doesn't always want to play with Joe. In fact she spends much of her day yelling - "No Joe" or climbing for higher ground when he approaches. But I have witnessed a few incidents lately that are showing me a change that is happening in their relationship. The first incident was on Tuesday. My parents kept the kids for a couple of hours while I went to a Young Life meeting and I was late getting back. It was after both of their bedtimes, so we rushed to get everything into the car. I grabbed Libby and my Dad had Joe. But Libby couldn't see that and she was EXTREMELY upset in thinking that I had forgotten Joe. She kept repeat, "Go get Joe?" and "Where Joe". She was so relieved when Dad put him in the car seat. She said "There you go Joe, go Libby house." It was endearing to say the least.

The next incident was no less adorable only frightening as well. I was working the other morning and I heard Libby talking to Joe. This is not uncommon, but she was rooting him on to do something. So imagine my surprise when I came into the family room to see Libby on the landing cheering Joe on as he climbed his third step. He has been pulling up on EVERYTHING but this was his first unattended climb. I was scared, but not so much so that I missed the photo opportunity. Here is Libby enticing Joe up the stairs. Here is Joe's delight at being able to play with his big sis. He is a handful-doing more earlier than any of us expected, but with Libby's help, Corey and I may be in for a whole new level of chaos!

No comments: