Monday, May 14, 2007

Our first family vacation


We just got home from our first family vacation to Knoxville, TN. Corey and I had been eagerly awaiting the end of finals so that we could leave town and spend time with our great friends, Scott and Danielle Taylor. Despite my excitement, I was DREADING the 6.5 hour drive that had to get us there. Praise God, Libby slept most of the time. We got there without any major meltdowns and the vacation got off to a great start. We had a wonderful time with Scott and Danie. They got to practice parenthood-they are expecting in August-and we got out of Morgantown. Corey and I haven't been on a real vacation in over a year because of my many pregnancy woes. On Mother's Day, I received a beautiful basket of bath fizzers and lotions-Libby knows how her mommy likes her baths. I also received a bouquet of flowers at church because I had a baby in the last year. We had a really wonderful time and I am so glad that we went. But I am also glad to be home.
This is Scott and Corey waiting to go to church!

Danielle and I finally get Libby to stop grabbing earrings long enough to take a picture. Libby is really excited about it.
This is Scott making Libby laugh. She is patting him-she likes to pat everything! A born drummer I guess.

No comments: